2 days is all you need to get the ED visa from the Thai consulate in Vientiane, but flying there will require you to stay at least 3 days.
The earliest flight from Bangkok to Vientiane arrives at 10:55am (Lao Airlines) which is too much of a rush to get to the Thai consulate before 12pm.
So how do you get back to Bangkok with the ED visa in just 2 days?
Follow the steps below:
- Take the earliest morning flight at 6:10am (Air Asia) from Bangkok to Udon Thani.
- Take the minivan at Udon Thani airport to the Nong Khai border.
- Cross into Laos.
- Take a tuk tuk or taxi to the Thai consulate in Vientiane.
- Apply for the ED visa.
- Come back the next day to pick up your passport in the afternoon at 1:30pm.
- Take a tuk tuk back to the Nong Khai border.
- Cross into Thailand.
- Find transportation back to Udon Thani airport.
- Take the early evening flight back to Bangkok after 5pm.